The City Clerk is designated by the City Council to receive all requests for public information (Ordinance #2014-14). Accordingly, the City of Buda is not responsible for requests sent to any address, email address, or fax number other than the address or fax number designated by the City Clerk. All questions relating to the Public Information Request process should be forwarded to the City Clerk's Office.
- Requests must be submitted in writing. Verbal requests will not be accepted.
- Requests must seek documents or data that are in existence at the time of the request. The TPIA does not require the City to analyze information, create new documents, conduct research, or answer questions.
- Certain sensitive information is exempt from release to the general public, and the City is required to withhold it under the TPIA. This includes Social Security numbers, certain financial information, documents and information relating to an ongoing criminal investigation, certain information relating to minors, and information subject to the attorney client privilege. In most cases, the City is obligated by law to request a determination from the Office of the Attorney General of Texas whether information is subject to an applicable exception to the Act before withholding the requested information. If the City must request a determination, you will receive a copy of that request. You will also receive a copy of the Attorney General’s response directly from the Office of the Attorney General of Texas.
- The City is entitled under the TPIA to recover the costs associated with fulfilling a request. The specific schedule of charges is available in the forms & information section below. Generally, requests totaling less than $40.00 in recoverable expenses will be completed and the requestor will be billed for the outstanding balance. Requests that are estimated to exceed $40.00 in recoverable expenses will be suspended and the requestor will be notified to either accept the charges or amend the request. Requests that are estimated to exceed $100.00 in recoverable charges will be suspended and the requestor will be informed that they must either pay the estimated charges in full prior to the request being fulfilled or amend the request.
Requests for Public Information that do not conform to the requirements listed above will be returned to the requestor with a letter detailing the deficiencies. Requests that are properly submitted will generally be responded to within ten (10) business days.
To Submit a Request for Open/Public Information
Requestor may also print and:
- mail the form to: City of Buda, ATTN: City Clerk's Office, 405 E. Loop St., Building 100, Buda Tx 78610
- hand-deliver or by contract carrier: City Clerk's Office, 405 E. Loop St., Building 100, Buda Tx 78610