Fines / Court Cost
The amount of fine the court assesses is determined only by the facts and circumstances of the case. Mitigating circumstances MAY lower the fine, even if your are guilty. However, aggravating circumstances MAY increase the fine.
The maximum fine for most municipal court traffic violations is $200.00; penal code violations is $500.00; city ordinance violations is $500.00; and certain city ordinance violations is $2,000.00
SCHEDULE OF ACCEPTABLE FINES AND COURT COSTS (STATE FEES AS SET BY THE TEXAS LEGISLATURE) APPLICABLE TO AUTOMOBILES AND LIGHT TRUCKS
“This schedule only applies prior to court hearing or judgment being entered.”
- SPEEDING (Not in a School Zone): $97.10 plus $5.00 per mile over the posted speed limit.
- SPEEDING in SCHOOL ZONE: $122.35 plus $10.00 per mile over the posted speed limit.
- SPEEDING CONSTRUCTION ZONE: $97.10 plus $10.00 per mile over the posted speed limit. (If worker’s are present)
- All other offenses in Construction /Maintenance Zone, (with worker’s present), the fine amount doubles.
- Passing or Overtaking a School Bus $423.00
- Ran Stop Sign or Ran Red Light $197.00
- Passing Violations $197.00
- Fail to Signal Turn or Lane Change $174.00
- Fail to Drive in Single Marked Lane $197.00
- Fail to Yield Right of Way $197.00
- Failure to Control Speed $197.00
- Following too Closely $197.00
- No Valid Driver’s License $164.00
- Driving While License Invalid $164.00
- Allow Unlicensed Driver to Operate Vehicle $164.00
- No Driver’s License on Demand $114.00
- Fail to Display Vehicle Inspection Sticker $147.00
- Fail to Display Vehicle Registration Sticker $114.00
- FTMFR – No Insurance 1st Offense $364.00
- FTMFR – No Insurance 2nd Offense $664.00
- Seat Belt – Not Wearing or Improperly Wearing (Adult) $197.00 (Child) $122.25
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia $314.00
- Theft $364.00
- Overweight Vehicle Where Prohibited by Ordinance $314.00
- Prohibited Use of Fireworks $264.00
- Alarm Stage Drought Water Violations (1st Offense) Written Warning; (2nd Offense) $109.00; (3rd Offense) $259.00
If the charge filed against you is for NO INSURANCE, the charge will be DISMISSED upon presentation of evidence of Liability Insurance provided the insurance was valid at the time the citation was issued.
IF YOUR CHARGE IS NOT LISTED ABOVE, YOU MUST CONTACT THE COURT TO DETERMINE THE AMOUNT.
PAYMENT MAY BE MADE BY CASH, CHECKS, CASHIER’S CHECK, MONEY ORDERS. WE ALSO ACCEPT VISA, MASTERCARD, AND DEBIT CARDS OVER THE PHONE FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.