Important Notices & Deadlines
Candidate Applications and Application Process
First Steps for Candidate Running for a City Office
Candidate Packet, includes Candidate Forms. Packets are also available from the City Clerk's office at City Hall, 121 S. Main Street.
CANDIDATE APPLICATIONS FILED
Candidates filing their application paperwork for the November 6,
November 6, 2018 Election:
Special Election: To designate the three existing councilmember places 2, 4, & 6 to transition to single-member districts - District A, B, & C, pursuant to Buda City Charter Section 12.05(A)
In November of 2017, voters approved an amendment to the City Charter for the City of Buda to transition to single-member districts. Buda City Council Places 2, 4, and 6 will be the first to switch from at-large to single-member districts. These Places are now assigned as District A (Place 4-Daugereau), District B (Place 6-Ture), and District C (Place 2-Hopkins).
At the June 5, 2018 City Council meeting, Council approved the district lines for Districts A, B, and C. These single member districts will be used as boundaries for electing City Councilmembers beginning with the November 2018 Election. Districts A, B, and C are up for election this year. The single-member district position District C shall carry a one-year term. The single-member district position District B shall carry a two-year term. The single-member district position District A shall carry a three-year term. A flow chart is available on the website for your convenience outlining the transition process of the single-member districts.
Click here to view additional information on the transition to single-member districts.
Important Dates for November 6, 2018 Election
- July 21, 2018 - First Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot
- August 20, 2018 - Last Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot (5:00 p.m.)
- August 24, 2018 - Last Day to File a Declaration of Write-in Candidacy (5:00 p.m.)
- October 9, 2018 - Last Day to Register to Vote
- October 22, 2018 - First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- October 26, 2018 - Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (Received, not Postmarked)
- November 2, 2018 - Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
- November 7, 2017 - Election Day
Voter ID flyer (Spanish version)