View All Posts
Posted on February 26, 2020 at 8:31 AM by David Marino
DOWNTOWN MAIN STREET CLOSURE
Friday, Feb. 28 (8 PM) - Monday, March 2 (5 AM)
BUDA, TX — A portion of Main Street will be closed in Downtown Buda. Main Street between San Antonio Street and China Street is expected to close beginning at 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 28 and will re-open by 5 a.m. on Monday, March 2. This includes the intersection of Main Street and RM 967. TxDOT’s Contractor, Lonestar Sitework, will conduct mill and overlay work on Main Street during this time. In the event of inclement weather, plans are subject to change.
· Main Street will be closed from San Antonio Street all the way to China Street. This means no on-street parking between these areas and no access to the parking lot near the water tower.
· Traffic will be diverted to San Marcos Street from San Antonio Street, but Austin Street will remain open.
· Side streets will remain open, so access to parking areas located on Elm, Ash, Peach, and south of China will be open.
· Downtown visitors will be able to park in the lot near Inspired Minds Art Center, but it will only be accessible via Houston Street.
· Pedestrians should use crosswalks located outside of the construction zone. The crosswalk at RM 967 and Main Street will be closed.
· Truck traffic should use the FM 2770 detour.
The Good News
Once this phase of the project is complete, the intersection, including the southbound lane of Main Street will reopen while work continues. The project is still on schedule to finish by spring.